Bring Us Your Women is an international, multi-disciplinary project encompassing film, music, dance, poetry and visual art. Next performance: 8:30 PM March 8, 2019 International Women's day at the Somerville Theatre, Somerville, MA USA.
Did you know that Mary Magdalene was a scholar? Did you know that Isis was the most powerful deity of ancient Egypt and her name meant female of the throne? Did you know that the mysterious Queen of Sheba was a popular religious symbol in medieval Christian mystical works? Did you know that the name Eve means "living?" Do you know the stories behind Ishtar, Delilah, the Sirens, Joan of Arc, the Virgin Mary, Arya Tara, Kali and future thinking- the Singularity?
- Joan of Arc, the warrior
- Empress Leizu (Xi Lingshi), the open-minded
- Philosoph and scientist Hypathia, the educator
- Weetamoo (Squaw Sachem), the dedicated
- Queen Pokou, the peacemaker
- The singularity or abstraction
- Sirens, the mystery
- Isis, the gardian
- Ishtar, the leader
- Eve, the living
- Delilah, the down-to-earth
- Queen of Sheba, the strategist
- Virgin Mary, the caring
- Mary Magdalene, the pioneer
- Kali, the evolution
- Arya Tara, the second chance
They come from all over the world. The retold stories of all these figures have something to teach us in today's world.
A message of humanity that celebrates the different cultures. A message of unity, tolerance and hope...
Watch the presentation of Catherine Capozzi, Director of "Bring Us Your Women".